This website is maintained by the NSW Government on behalf of the Australia Day Council of NSW. The Australia Day Council of NSW does not have any responsibility for the Privacy policies or practices of third-party sites linked to this site.
Australia Day Council of NSW
GPO Box 5341
Sydney NSW 2001
Enquiries can be directed to the Australia Day Council of NSW via this form.
Users of this website are entitled to expect that any information as a result of that use will be treated within the terms of the NSW Government’s privacy responsibilities and obligations. The NSW Government’s privacy practices are regulated by the New South Wales Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988.
What information do we collect?
When you look at the pages on this website, our server automatically collects information that identifies, for each page accessed:
- The IP (Internet Protocol) address of the machine that has accessed it
- Your top-level domain name (IE: .com, .gov, .au, .uk)
- The address of your server
- The date and time of your visit
- The pages accessed and documents downloaded
How do we use the information collected?
The information colleted is used to improve navigation and the site, and for reports that identify usage patterns.
The Australia Day Council of NSW will not disclose or publish information that identifies individual machines, or potentially identifies sub-groupings of addresses, without consent.
Who has access to this information?
Access to the raw data is restricted to a limited number of individuals at the Australia Day Council of NSW for the purpose of analysis and to report on the success of the website.
Is the information stored securely?
Yes. Information collected is stored in a secure format and held by the Australia Day Council of NSW for archival purposes.
What exceptions are there to this rule?
The Australia Day Council of NSW will gather more extensive information than stated above in the following circumstances:
- Unauthorised attempts to access files which are not published Australia Day Council of NSW pages;
- Unauthorised tampering or interference with files published on this website;
- Unauthorised attempts to index the contents of this website by other websites;
- Attempts to intercept messages of users of this website;
- Communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or which give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed;
- Attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server, breach the laws of the State of New South Wales or Commonwealth of Australia, or interfere with the enjoyment of this website by other users.
The NSW Government reserves the right to make disclosures to relevant authorities where the use of this website raises a suspicion that an offence is being, or has been committed.
In the event of an investigation, the NSW Government will provide access to data to any law enforcement agency that may exercise a warrant to inspect our logs.
What will we do with information provided as feedback?
The Australia Day Council of NSW provides feedback facilities to allow users to provide their input into the future development of the site and to comment on the site.
The provision of personal details on feedback forms is optional.
Users may provide personal details for the purpose of receiving a reply to their feedback. This information will only be used for the purpose for which it was provided. Your email address will not be added to any mailing list.
The Australia Day Council of NSW may publish aggregated information about feedback on the site, to the extent that it does not identify or cannot be used to identify individual users.
Will this policy be updated over time?
Due to the developing nature of privacy principles for online communication, this policy may be modified or expanded in light of new developments or issues that may arise from time to time.